Sunday, February 3, 2008

Thing #6

I don't know that I would ever create my own mashup but playing with some of the ones already created was interesting.

Mashups are web applications that combine data from more than one source into a single integrated tool. Some examples I explored are: Mappr, Flickr Color Pickr, and Mosaic Maker.

I experimented with Mosaic Maker. The result was pretty cool. I actually asked the program to put pictures of specific landforms into a mosaic. My students would probably enjoy seeing the variety of photos given for each landform.

One application I explored that intrigued me was Bubblr. This application allows you to add cartoon speech bubbles to photos and displays them like a comic strip. It had some cute ones to view in their archive.

I really need to get with it and figure out how to transfer my photos from my camera to the computer and try some of these sites with my own photos.

No comments: