Friday, February 1, 2008

Thing#5 Flickr

Flickr looks like it is a great way to share and display photos for my friends and family to view.





I have two problems: 1. I don't have a clue how to transfer pictures from my digital camera to a computer and 2. Our computer at home was purchased in the year 2000 and I can not even find a place to put a memory chip or a memory stick into it.

As far as what I learned:

Tags are labels or keywords you add to photos to make them easier to find.

Groups are sets of people you want to share your photos with. (ex. family, friends, Library2play players, etc...

Libraries are sites that different libraries have set up to display what they have done or used Flickr for.

I need to solve my two problems before I can actually get into Flickr to use it for sharing photos of my son with our family and friends. I hope it is easier than it looks.

2 comments:

VWB said...

do you have a cable that goes from your camera to computer? if so, you can transfer probably with the software that is already available on your computer (control panel). Mine pops up automatically when I plug in my camera.

teaching4fun said...

I feel lost even when I try to get that involved in my computer. However recently I learned about a thumb drive and purchased one so I will go back at some point and create some photo albums on flickr