Friday, February 29, 2008

Thing # 7

Well, I tried a couple of Google Tools. I used the Google notebook to collect different pictures of landforms to share with my students while studying Landforms -- They loved the pictures and info that i found. I also used Google Earth to zoom in on differnt views of mountains, glaciers, and of course volcanos (which was their favorite.) My students as well as myself liked clicking on the little markers that show you actual pictures others have taken so we were actually able to view some eruptions of certain volcanos. I also like the tilting effect so that you can see it not only from above but have the ability to turn the picture so that it can be seen from the side and you can even turn the image all the way around to see it from all sides. Of course, I had to show them how we could zoom in and see our school.

Both items were really cool.

I recently leaned about something called a thumb drive that lets you take the chip from your digital camera and download your pics from any computer you happen to be working on. So i went out and bought myself one--only $10.00. This will now give me the chance to use some of the Photo albums online that we have learned about. I look forward to sharing photos of my son with my family but I have also learned to take my camera with me when I attend Proffessional development sessions so now I can share those photos of the ideas that were given with my team and others teachers in my school.

I will play around more with these different Google tools in the future when we get our new laptops at school. Well I am off to Thing#8.

No comments: