Saturday, March 1, 2008

Thing #8

What do I like about RSS and Newsreader?
Well I found it interesting that you could have all of your current interests that are posted come to you. I need to check if my hubby knows about this. He spends more time on the computer checking out current news and entertainment. Between teaching and taking care of my 2 1/2 year old I don't spend much time doing those kind of searches.

How do I think I will use this tech. in my personal or school life?
Well i created my Google reader account and added the Spring Branch pages that were suggested and will use those to stay more up to date on SB news I also added the one that shows current books and little insight to each of the books. I would like to find more sites geared toward elemenatry teachers and not specifically librarians (I know this whole libray2play was set up for librarians to begin with and teachers were invited to join in so i am not complaining) however if anyone can give me more sites to add to my reader dealing in elementary ed I would appreciate it. I also added some sites to my reader from Googles bundles. I enjoy sites on food and on photography so I am trying some of them out.

How can libraries use RSS and take advantage of this new technology? I am not sure about this since I do not run a library but I will think mo=re on it.

Well I am off to bed and will try to venture into Thing #9 tomorrow.

2 comments:

The Man in the Middle said...

One thing you are learning is just how little your librarian knows. We can learn together.

Keep plugging, the end is in sight.

teaching4fun said...

Thanks Dan! I feel like I have a LOT to learn.